The International School of Rimini (ISR)
PYP Elementary teacher
effective August 2019
The ISR opened in August 2018. Its mission is to provide outstanding learning experiences through the medium of the English language. ISR is a school where children of internationally minded parents can develop the essential skills and knowledge required to make an active contribution as they take their place in our evolving global society.
It will be the goal of ISR to prepare students for their future in a global community and to graduate lifelong learners who are ethical, competent, culturally aware and self-reliant. We will expect our graduates to possess sufficient skills to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
ISR is situated in the historical center of Rimini. The school was founded with an Early Years department and grade 1. ISR is in the process of applying to become an IB World School offering the PYP. It will also be accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS).
ISR is linked with the International School of Bologna which itself enjoys a strong reputation for its academic programme and is an active member of the Association of IB schools in Italy.
This will be an exciting opportunity to join a new school and to contribute to its development.
More information and details regarding ISR can be found at www.isrimini.com
This is a confirmed vacancy in the Elementary school for an experienced classroom teacher as a Grade 2 teacher. The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with teachers from other grades but confident in working autonomously at a grade level.
- Successful candidates must hold an EU passport
- Appropriate teaching certification from the candidate’s home country
- Ability to collaborate
- Outstanding teaching experience
- Commitment to learning through the IB PYP programmes
- Ability to link the school mission to teaching and learning
- Ability to contribute positively to the school community
- IB PYP knowledge
- Professional experience of working with students whose first language is not English
- Experience in an international or multicultural school.
- Experience with Google Classroom
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, ISR holds oitself to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside Italy (if you have not lived in Italy before)
- Moving and settling in allowances
Please apply directly to the Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org including as one attachment: a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three referees.
The deadline for applications for this position is Friday 22 February, however applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to this date.