The International School of Bologna (ISB)
IB Diploma and MYP English
Effective January 2019
The ISB mission is to provide stimulating learning experiences through the medium of the English language, in which children of internationally minded parents can develop the essential skills and knowledge required to make an active contribution as they take their place in our ever-evolving global society.
It is the goal of ISB to prepare students for their future in a global community and to graduate lifelong learners who are ethical, competent, culturally aware and self-reliant. We expect our graduates to possess sufficient skills to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
ISB was founded in 2004 and is currently situated in the historical center of Bologna. Bologna has a rich cultural and educational heritage. ISB shares a school building with Collegio San Luigi, a prestigious private Italian school. The school currently has an enrollment of 245, representing over 19 nationalities, with over 35 dedicated faculty and administration. ISB is an IB World School offering the PYP, MYP and the Diploma programme. It is accredited by CIS.
ISB enjoys a strong and growing reputation for its academic programme.
This is an exciting time to join a young growing school and to contribute to its further development.
More information and details regarding ISB can be found at www.isbologna.com
ISB seeks an English teacher who can teach Language & Literature to join a growing department. Teaching duties will initially be focussed on teaching MYP though could include DP teaching in the near future. The ideal candidate will have a background in ESL/EAL and be able to differentiate teaching to cater for students across different phases within the MYP. He or she will have strategies to support beginner English speakers and be able to motivate students who find reading and writing in English a challenge. The successful applicant will be willing to further develop the DP curriculum.He or she will also be able to work collaboratively with the MYP and DP Coordinators in order to take curriculum forward and to drive academic rigor in the subject group. The candidate will be aware of initiatives in the field of language acquisition and will be able to guide and support teachers across the MYP and DP in teaching students with EAL.
- Appropriate degree and teaching certification
- Excellent teaching experience
- Outstanding ability to differentiate learning
- Minimum of two years English teaching experience teaching experience
- Commitment to the IB MYP and DP teaching programmes
- Ability to work as a team member within a diverse department and in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends in teaching and learning
- Sound knowledge of the Phases Continuum in MYP The Next Chapter
- Ability to write and develop curriculum
- Experience in an international or multicultural school
- Ability to support teachers across the MYP and DP with strategies for teaching ESL
- MYP and/or DP Professional Development Certification.
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside Italy
- Moving and settling in allowance
Please apply directly to the Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org including as one attachment a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three referees.
The school will be attending the Search Fairs in London. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the positions will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to the job fairs.
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The deadline for applications is open at this time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the positions will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified.