The International School of Bologna (ISB)
PYP Grade 2 Elementary teacher
effective August 2019
The ISB mission is to foster academic excellence in a challenging, inclusive and supportive environment where students feel able to reach their potential while preparing for higher education and beyond.
ISB aims to develop students who are compassionate and open-minded global citizens equipped with skills for lifelong learning that enable them to take action to create a just and sustainable world.
ISB was founded in 2004 and is currently situated in the historical center of Bologna. Bologna has a rich cultural and educational heritage. ISB shares a school building with Collegio San Luigi, a prestigious private Italian school. The school currently has an enrollment of 234, representing over 19 nationalities, with over 30 dedicated faculty and administration. ISB is an IB World School offering the PYP, MYP and Diploma programs. It is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and is a NEASC Candidate school.
ISB enjoys a strong and growing reputation for its academic programme and is an active member of the Association of IB schools in Italy (AIBWSI).
This is an exciting time to join a growing school and to contribute to its further development.
More information and details regarding ISB can be found at www.isbologna.com
This is a confirmed vacancy in the Elementary school at Grade 2 for an experienced classroom teacher. The elementary school is one form entry. The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with teachers from other grades but confident in working autonomously at a grade level.
- Successful candidate must hold an EU passport
- Outstanding teacher
- Elementary teaching certification from the candidate’s home country
- Ability to collaborate
- Successful elementary teaching experience
- Commitment to inquiry learning through the IB Programs
- Ability to link the school mission to teaching and learning
- Ability to contribute positively to the school community
- IB PYP knowledge
- Professional experience of working with students whose first language is not English
- Experience in an international or multicultural school.
- Experience with Google Classroom
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside Italy
- Moving and settling in allowances
Please apply directly to the Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org including as one attachment: a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three referees.
The deadline for applications for this position is Friday 14 June, however applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to this date.