International School of Rimini
PART- TIME ITALIAN TEACHER
Primary Italian Teacher
- Fluency in Italian – Mother Tongue Equivalent
- Primary School Teaching Qualifications
- Previous Experience (minimum two years)
- Experience in Inquiry Driven approach to learning
- Skills in Differentiation are an asset
- Collegiality and willingness to work in a Team
Report to and Evaluated by:
To provide a supportive, caring, risk free environment that ensures that students are able to enjoy and maximize their learning of Italian through am inquiry driven programme of instruction.
Specific Classroom Responsibilities Include:
Teaching & Learning
- To teach groups of students within the class as determined by the curriculum needs composition and make up of the class.
- To ensure the boundaries for student’s behavioral expectations are agreed and published for all students.
- Provide for the students a differentiated programme of instruction that incorporates appropriate challenges and high expectations of all learners.
- Deliver the curriculum within the agreed framework and philosophy of the school.
- To plan and coordinate lessons in accordance with the school’s planning procedures
- To assess and report upon student progress in a consistent manner and in accordance with the School Assessment Policy.
- To share in the overall responsibility for the academic progress, personal development, health and safety, discipline and well-being of all students.
- To promote through teaching and learning the IBO Learner Profile.
- To be proactive with reporting student progress to parents outside the normal reporting process.
- To participate in all agreed school based activities.
- Any other reasonable duties at a level commensurate with that grade level.
- To monitor, control, support and evaluate the use of Year Level resources ensuring appropriate resource deployment and the proposal of new resources for the grade level
- Maintain and control grade level budget
- To clarify whole-school policies for implementation at the grade level
- To participate in school wide strategic planning (internal & external) at all levels and to coordinate such planning outcomes at Grade level
- To support all school initiatives with achieving accreditation or authorization with the IBO or CIS
- To be responsible for the coordination and compilation of student reports and full student’s records of achievement.
- To oversee strategies to encourage achievement and positive attitudes towards teaching and learning, especially through the management of student behaviour.
- To encourage and actively support Education Outside the Classroom.
- To actively participate in regular school assemblies.
- To maintain regular (weekly) contact with parents via class newsletter.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and be a member of any ad hoc committees that may be needed
- To share professional expertise with colleagues and parents
- To liaise effectively with other Year Level teachers.
- Undertake any Continuing Professional Development as requested.
- To take part in the school’s Performance Management Appraisal process