The International School of Bologna (ISB)
has a confirmed opening for an
effective August 2019
The ISB mission is to develop students who are compassionate and open-minded global citizens equipped with skills for lifelong learning that enable them to take action to create a just and sustainable world.
It is the goal of ISB to prepare students for their future in a global community and to graduate lifelong learners who are ethical, competent, culturally aware and self-reliant. We expect our graduates to possess sufficient skills to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
ISB was founded in 2004 and is currently situated in the historical center of Bologna. Bologna has a rich cultural and educational heritage. ISB shares a school building with Collegio San Luigi, a prestigious private Italian school. The school currently has an enrollment of 250, representing over 20 nationalities, with over 35 dedicated faculty and administration. ISB is an IB World School offering the PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. It is accredited by CIS and a NEASC candidate school.
ISB enjoys a strong and growing reputation for its academic programme.
This is an exciting time to join a young growing school and to contribute to its further development.
More information and details regarding ISB can be found at www.isbologna.com
This is a new full time teaching role in the secondary school and consists of two strands. One will be the teaching of science and mathematics in the MYP. The second strand will involve the support of individual students or specific classes within the MYP in mathematics and English. This may involve in-class support or small group targeted interventions. This will require some flexibility as the needs will vary with the changes in the student population. The ideal candidate will have a strong science and mathematics background but with particular ability to inspire students who find mathematics challenging. The successful candidate will be skilled at differentiating their own teaching.
He or she will also be able to work collaboratively with the MYP coordinator and faculty in other subject groups, in order to drive academic rigor in mathematics and to foster interdisciplinary learning. It will be an essential part of the post that the applicant has an understanding of working with students whose first language is not English.
- EU passport holder or equivalent
- Appropriate degree and teaching certification
- Minimum of two years outstanding teaching experience
- Ability to differentiate learning
- Experience with supporting learning in individual or small group settings
- Commitment to the IB philosophy of teaching and learning
- Ability to work as a team member within a diverse faculty
- Demonstrate understanding of current trends in teaching and learning
- Evidence of self-directed professional development through professional membership, publications or professional collaborations
- Ability to write and develop curriculum
- Experience in an international or multicultural school
- MYP and Development Certification
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside Italy
- Moving and settling in allowance
Please apply directly to the Head of School email@example.com including, as one attachment, a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three professional referees.
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The deadline for applications is open at this time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the positions will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified.