Part-time Drama teacher
The international School of Bologna (ISB) seeks a Drama teacher
Effective August 2018
The ISB mission is to provide stimulating learning experiences through the medium of the English language, in which children of internationally minded parents can develop the essential skills and knowledge required to make an active contribution as they take their place in our ever-evolving global society.
It is the goal of ISB to prepare students for their future in a global community and to graduate lifelong learners who are ethical, competent, culturally aware and self-reliant. We expect our graduates to possess sufficient skills to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
ISB was founded in 2004 and is currently situated in the historical center of Bologna. Bologna has a rich cultural and educational heritage. ISB shares a school building with Collegio San Luigi, a prestigious private Italian school. The school currently has an enrollment of 235, representing over 19 nationalities, with over 35 dedicated faculty and administration. ISB is an IB World School offering the PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. It is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS).
ISB enjoys a strong and growing reputation for its academic programme.
This is an exciting time to join a young, growing school and to contribute to its further development.
More information and details regarding ISB can be found at www.isbologna.com
The Arts play an integral part in the overall school program. The post is newly established and includes teaching grade 6 through to grade 9 with particular focus the development of Drama through the MYP programme. A total of eight (8) hours teaching a week
- An appropriate qualification and teaching certification
- Ability to teach in English
- Successful teaching experience
- Commitment to understanding the IB programmes
- Understanding of contemporary Drama practice and current trends in teaching and learning
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively develop curriculum and assessment that supports student learning
- Ability to work as a member of a team within the department, in interdisciplinary teams and throughout the school
- Demonstrable personal strengths which will contribute to furthering the ISB mission
- Professional experience of working with students whose first language is not English
- Experience in an international or multicultural school
- IB programme knowledge
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Please apply directly to the Head of School at email@example.com including as one attachment a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three referees.
The deadline for applications is June 22
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to the job fairs.