The International School of Bologna (ISB)
has a definitive opening for an
IB Diploma and MYP
Individual and Societies / Business Studies
Effective August 2018
The ISB Vision is to provide develop students who are compassionate and open-minded global citizens equipped with skills for lifelong learning that enable them to take action to create a just and sustainable world.
It is the goal of ISB to foster academic excellence in a challenging, inclusive and supportive environment where students feel able to reach their potential while preparing for higher education and beyond. We expect our graduates to possess skills to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
ISB was founded in 2004 and is currently situated in the historical center of Bologna. Bologna has a rich cultural and educational heritage. ISB shares a school building with Collegio San Luigi, a prestigious private Italian school. The school currently has an enrollment of 225, representing over 19 nationalities, with over 30 dedicated faculty and administration. ISB is an IB World School offering the PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. It is accredited by CIS.
ISB enjoys a strong and growing reputation for its programmes.
This is an exciting time to join a young growing school and to contribute to its further development.
More information and details regarding ISB can be found at www.isbologna.com
ISB seeks an MYP Individual and Societies and DP Business Studies teacher. Teaching duties will be across both the MYP and the DP programmes. The ideal candidate will have experience of preparing students for university entrance exams as well be able to differentiate teaching to cater for students across different ability groups within the MYP. He or she will also be able to work collaboratively with the MYP and DP Coordinators in order to take the curriculum forward and to drive academic rigor in the subject group. The candidate will be aware of initiatives in this field of teaching. He or she will also be able to show evidence of self-directed professional development through professional membership, publications or professional collaborations. An understanding of successfully working with students whose first language is not English will be important.
- The successful candidate must hold an EU passport.
- Experience of preparing students for external examinations
- Appropriate degree and teaching certification
- Outstanding teaching experience
- Ability to differentiate learning
- Minimum of two years experience in the area of Individuals and Societies teaching
- Commitment to the IB MYP and DP teaching programmes
- Ability to work as a team member within a diverse department and in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends in teaching and learning
- Ability to write and develop curriculum
- Experience in an international or multicultural school
- Ability to offer other subjects such as Drama or EAL
- MYP and/or DP Professional Development Certification
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside Italy
- Moving and settling in allowance
Please apply directly to the Head of School email@example.com including, as one attachment, a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three professional referees.
The deadline for applications is 6 April. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the positions will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to the job fairs.
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.