The International School of Rimini (ISR)
IB PYP Coordinator and Lead teacher
effective August 2019
The ISR opened in August 2018. Its mission is to provide outstanding learning experiences through the medium of the English language. ISR is a school where children of internationally minded parents can develop the essential skills and knowledge required to make an active contribution as they take their place in our evolving global society.
It will be the goal of ISR to prepare students for their future in a global community and to graduate lifelong learners who are ethical, competent, culturally aware and self-reliant. We will expect our graduates to possess sufficient skills to enrich their lives and the lives of others.
ISR is situated in the historical center of Rimini. The school was founded with an Early Years department and grade 1. ISR is in the process of applying to become an IB World School offering the PYP. It will also be accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS).
ISR is linked with the International School of Bologna (ISB) through its governance. Therefore the International School of Bologna will assist in the search for suitably qualified and experienced faculty. ISB itself, enjoys a strong reputation for its academic programme and is an active member of the Association of IB schools in Italy.
This will be an exciting opportunity to join a new school and to make a major contribution to its development.
More information and details regarding ISR can be found at www.isrimini.com
This is a confirmed vacancy in the Elementary school for a Coordinator who can act as a Lead teacher in this new school. The PYP Coordinator reports to the Head of School in Bologna. The position will have responsibility for ensuring that the teaching and learning will be enriched in line with the philosophical and implementation requirements of the program. The PYP Coordinator will have a pivotal role in the collaborative planning process, taking responsibility for ensuring that pedagogical aspects are discussed, information is disseminated and the program is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively. Therefore the successful candidate will have knowledge of the enhanced PYP programme. There will be limited teaching connected with this position, possibly in Visual Arts and the development and maintenance of the library.
- Successful candidates must hold an EU passport
- Appropriate teaching certification from the candidate’s home country
- Outstanding teaching experience in and IB school
- Expert knowledge of IB Standards and Practices
- Expert knowledge of the enhanced PYP curriculum framework.
- Ability to link the school mission to teaching and learning
- Ability to contribute positively to the school community
- Capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
- Category 1 and 2 IB PYP training
- IB training including ‘Pedagogical Leadership’
- Professional experience of working with students whose first language is not English
- Experience in an international or multicultural school.
- Experience with Google Classroom
Commitment to Child Protection
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, ISR holds itself to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Salaries and Benefits.
- Nationally competitive salary reflecting the level of responsibility
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside Italy (if you have not lived in Italy before)
- Moving and settling in allowances
Please apply directly to the Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org including, as one attachment: a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three referees.
The deadline for applications for this position is Friday 22 February, however applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to this date.